Thursday, May 31, 2007

Brain Strain

I slaved over a letter to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education in Namibia today to have him request a career workshop for schools in his area. I'm sure he, along with the other ministers I wrote today, will pull out their red pencils to make corrections on my compositions. Man, this is the hardest part of my calling!! People walking by my desk probably wonder why I'm pulling such faces. "Brain Strain."During the lunch hour the sister's around the office worked hard tying quilts for an orphanage. They were made with a cute I AM CHILD OF GOD motif in the middle so not only will they keep the children warm physically but they will start learning who they really are.In an hour we will be on a conference call from Salt Lake concerning a measles immunization program for Lesotho in September. We are full of questions so we're happy for the opportunity to get them answered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you struggling over compositions when you could be having so much fun with the quilts. Don't they know what a quilt queen you are? I guess even you have to stretch to grow. Maybe you should consider each word like a quilt square and then you will have a nifty composition 'quilt' done in no time. Love hearing about your mission, little sister.

Cara said...

Just write in red pen to begin with.

"Ahhh, red pen! Sister Rix has foiled my evil proofreading plan!"

Anonymous said...

Once again Cara strikes and with a fistful of words lays all to waste. Good one! Red pen, I like it.

FRYBABY said...

So is Kris writing the composition or is it Terry? If Kris is doing the communicating with the upper level and resisting the quilting then what is Terry up to? Is he out searching for the nearest peanut patch?