Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Amazing African Animals


The African animals have a majesty all their own. We love dogs, cats and horses, etc., but are really fascinated with the fantastic animals we find here. The Creator had to be so meticulous in making each one so they could survive their circumstances and particular features. For instance, the giraffe has to have a big heart to be able to pump blood all the way up to the brain and when the giraffe leans over to drink water the blood vessels have valves stategically place to prevent the rush of blood to the brain causing stroke or death and they can see for 3 kilometers. Zebras are striped to confuse their predetors and have a keen sense of hearing, rhino's have a great sense of smell and the crocodile can shunt blood away from an injury. So many amazing details we have learn while here.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.

KickButtMommy said...

They really are magestic aren't they. I wish I could come and do the things you are doing. If I could pick any mission in the world, it would be yours!

Anonymous said...

If rhinos have such a great sense of smell how can they stand themselves? Have you ever visited them in a zoo? But people say that about me, too!
Can't wait to hear your stories in person and check out all your photos.

Cara said...

So we need a saying that goes something like, "She has the heart of a giraffe." Doesn't that have Hallmark written all over it?

jmr said...

is this my mom or is it one of those guys decked out in khaki on the Discovory Channel?? I love it!! Those animals rock! I'd like to see you sneek a couple home with you. I'm voting for a baby cub for a house cat.

FRYBABY said...

Now, Jenna.....whose house are you talking about? I already have a house cat! Or at least I think that is what she is...or should I call her a garage cat?
Cool animals though....thanks for the lesson on them!
So how many more days until you come back?