Thursday, April 10, 2008

Only a few days over four months to go and we are scrambling to get ten humanitarian projects closed, work on details in ten open projects and write up ten new ones. Some days our heads are spinning trying to keep up will everything. It's all very good for our aging brains to be used so much and we just can't imagine having more fun than we are right here in Africa. Everyday there is something that happens that makes us giggle and say, "Where else, than in Africa". The other day Elder R was taking pictures around the office and over at the mall across the street so they would help us to remember our experience. He walked into the grocery store, Pik and Pay, and took the picture of the bakery girl handing me some rolls. There were other workers that immediately came over and told him that it was against the rules to take pictures in their store. Upon which, the supervisor came over to see what was going on and Elder R said, "We are going home to the United States soon and we just wanted a few pictures to help us remember." So you know what's coming, don't you?? The supervisor and a bakery worker posed for another picture so we could remember them. Forget about the 'rules'!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There has always been something about you two that brings out the love and caring from other people. You are both a natural for the work you are doing but we will be overjoyed to see your smiling faces again. Four months are so short.

Sioux said...

Nadine was just asking me if you had posted anything new and I told her 'NO' - I'll have to copy this off so she can see it. You both look wonderful, and we can't wait for you to be back home. Love Ya both.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Really like your jacket, Sister K.

KickButtMommy said...

I bet it will be sad to leave but good to come home.

Cara said...

Wow, that went really fast! I've wanted to go see South Africa ever since the Rixes invaded over there. But once you come home I don't think the draw will be as big for me. Take lots of pictures!

jmr said...

I agree with Vickers, luv the jacket mom! who needs rules anyway??

Jen said...

Dad and Mommy Rix!!! It is wonderful to see some pictures of you. You need to send me your email address so I can invite you to look at my blog and see my baby girl! My mom was asking about you the other day and says hello also. We love you and miss you!
Love,
Jenny (Hymas) Purdie
jpurdie4@gmail.com

Keep It Real said...

Great looking couple!! We miss you!